Legal Secretary (Part-Time)
Reports to: Legal Manager, Immigration and Legal Manager, Family Law
Womankind uses the multidimensionality of our Asian heritage to work alongside survivors of gender-based violence (GBV) as they build a path to healing. We are working tirelessly to create a future where we Rise Above Violence and our communities can innovate towards collective well-being, restoration, and social justice. In addition to promoting healing and safety through service provision, Womankind promotes gender justice through research, coalition building, policy analysis, and community education and mobilization.
The Legal Secretary is a part-time position (16 hours, 2 days a week) within Womankind that plays a crucial role in moving our mission forward. Flexibility in schedule is available for candidates with preferred experience. This position provides integral support for the legal team in copying legal forms, petitions and supporting documents, sorting and filing legal mail, mailing out applications, scheduling client meetings to pick up or drop off documents, drafting funder reports, and other administrative duties as required.
This role’s effectiveness is tied into supporting the legal teams work with providing trauma-informed legal services to survivors. The following are some key responsibilities of the legal secretary:
- Providing administrative support to the Legal Program, related to both immigration and family Laws services this include but limited to:
- copying legal forms, petitions and supporting documents and preparing for filing, scanning filings and adding to client file
- sorting and filing legal mail
- mailing out applications
- scheduling client meetings to pick up or drop off documents
- greeting clients, informing attorneys of upcoming meetings, booking conference rooms
- facilitating clients picking up documents in a timely manner
- Collecting and reporting on program trends for internal and external reporting. Tasks include but not limited to:
- Updating client data lists
- Collaborating with Evaluation and Monitoring team to obtain and generate quarterly, semi-annual and annual data reports
- Engage in supporting in other administrative duties requested
- Work in partnership with program team to build collaborative work environment
- Engage in outreach activities, at minimum 2 times a year to support spreading the work about Womankind’s work.
- Deep commitment to Womankind’s mission
- Highly organized, hardworking, self-starter personality, highly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high level results
- Ability to exhibit a personal responsibility and commitment to work; follow-through and accountability
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit a positive attitude while dealing with challenges
- Cultural sensitivity a must
- Humility and openness in approach to the work
- Ability to handle confidential matters
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills, including while using an interpreter
- Comfort and familiarity with computers, e-mail, word processing, Excel
- Asian language ability preferred
- Individuals with a deep understanding of gender-based violence or identifies as survivors of gender-based violence are encouraged to apply
Womankind offers a competitive and outstanding compensation package. The hourly salary range for this position is between $22.00 and $24.00. Top benefits include paid time off, holidays, 403(B) retirement plan, commuter transit program, and much more.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. No calls, please.
Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.