Reports to: Associate Director, Operations
Womankind uses the multidimensionality of our Asian heritage to work alongside survivors of gender-based violence as they build a path to healing. We are working tirelessly to create a future where we Rise Above Violence and our communities can innovate towards collective well-being, restoration, and social justice.
The Operations Manager works to ensure the efficient and smooth running of all operations across six sites within the organization. These sites are spread out across NYC: 2 each in Brooklyn, Manhattan, and Queens. Operations is inclusive of vendor management, facilities management, and procurement of new services to better support the organization as a whole. This position also supervises a part-time Operations Associate and will support them in ensuring the overall functioning of the organization’s technology needs. The Operations Manager will have 3 Program Associates at each of the community offices and 2 Residential Managers at each of the emergency homes to provide additional onsite support in maintaining operations--these positions are all are supervised by Client Services program leads. The Operations Manager requires a person to have strong communication skills, be adept in prioritizing and managing multiple goals, is highly organized and has strong abilities in problem solving and strategic thinking.
Facilities Management (40%)
- Ensure efficient running and management of 6 sites across Womankind according to our trauma-informed spaces guideline
- Serve as project manager as needed for infrastructure projects such as the rollout of new processes and office relocations and/or expansions
- Provide office management support at Womankind headquarters
- Maintain and update vendor management chart that serves as a communication tool across all departments within the organization
- Maintain ongoing relationships with vendors, including, but not limited to, negotiating contract terms and engaging in bi-annual review to increase cost savings
- Keep up-to-date written inventory of office equipment and vendor contracts
- Maintain an internal auditing system (written) of inspection and repair services across all sites
- Negotiate leases, contracts, and construction for our sites
- Manage regular communication with building management to address issues and ensure a positive working relationship
- Create and conduct and annual internal audit on facilities operation ensuring optimal efficiencies are in place
- Engage in communication with the Finance department to assess budgetary impact on procurement
IT Management (30%)
- Supervise the Operations Associate and provide back-up support
- Maintain and troubleshoot all cloud platforms
- Set up and maintain Womankind in-office devices & equipment and remote devices
- Create and continuously update guidelines for all online/cloud platforms
- Monitor IT tickets and ensure timely response by Operations Associate
- Support in the management of the server
- Oversee and manage an annual cybersecurity assessment
- Strengthen and implement cyber-security policies across various departments
Operational Management (30%)
- Strengthen and implement organization operational standards, procedures, and policies (this includes policies in the areas of facilities operations and management, health and safety, security, cybersecurity, fire protection and emergency preparedness
- Maintain and oversee organizations operations and IT ticketing system
- Provide oversight of all in-kind donations including development of systems for tracking, storage, and delivery of in-kind donations across all sites within the organization
- Work with Operations Associate Director to develop and manage the organizations operational budget in conjunction with the organization and site needs
- Coordinate mail and shipping across the organization
- Oversee the condition and maintenance of office equipment, including the working status of telephones, copier, mail machine, fax machine, etc.
- Research, evaluate, and make recommendations of organizational tech needs, office supplies, and facility needs and implement upgrades
- Using internal procurement policies, negotiate the purchases of office supplies, furniture, office equipment, etc.
- Develop and conduct operations onboarding orientation for new staff and offboarding of exiting staff
- Develop and maintain a documented system across all sites that ensures an active inventory, purchasing, restocking of supplies
- Other duties assigned by CPO/CEO
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple projects at a time and follow-through on assignments
- Strategic thinker
- 2-4 years of operational and/or facilities management
- Project management experience
- Experience supervising staff preferred
- Ability to travel to multiple sites across New York City
- Strong and effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and projects while meeting deadline
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff members
- Able to work with diverse populations and within a team structure
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with vendors
- Proficient computer and IT skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 administrator and user platforms, Windows 10/11 proficiency
- Proficiency with iOS and Android system
- Working knowledge of network management
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Ability to be self-directing and highly motivated
Womankind offers a competitive and outstanding compensation package. Annual salary range for this position is between $70,000 and $75,000 based on the candidate’s experience, skill set, education, and other criteria. Top benefits include health/dental/vision/FSA plans, generous paid time off, holidays, 403(B) retirement plan, commuter transit program, and much more. Womankind currently is operating in a hybrid model. Operations staff are asked to be in the office 3 days a week and work from home 2 days. During the onboarding period, new staff will be asked to work in office for roughly 4-6 weeks, depending on position.
How to Apply:
Submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Womankind is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.