Chief Development Officer
Reports to: CEO
Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence across the lifespan, to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. In addition to promoting healing and safety through service provision, Womankind promotes gender justice through research, coalition building, policy analysis, and community educationand mobilization.
Womankind is seeking a Chief Development Officer that is a strategic leader who will work to actively direct and lead Womankind’s fundraising and communications activities, with the goal of securing the long-term sustainability of Womankind. Working with various stakeholders, this position will work to strengthen and position Womankind in stewarding all forms of giving.
Strategy & Development:
- Create annual and long-term fundraising goals, plans, budgets, and strategies in collaboration with CEO, Finance and the Womankind Board and lead the implementation to help diversify funding through major gifts; government, corporate and foundation support; a comprehensive annual fund, and Board giving.
- Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individuals and major donors: oversee all appeal campaigns, manage, and monitor online giving initiatives, work collaboratively with other program areas to advance fundraising goals.
- Oversee all development systems and strategies, including donor relations and management, corporate philanthropy, and major fundraising appeals.
- Maintain a robust pipeline of corporate and foundation support that will lead to the solicitation of funds and the generation of revenue opportunities.
- Strategize communications priorities for the various audiences that Womankind touches with an external affairs frame.
Stewardship & Partnership:
- With the Development team, orchestrate special events including galas, openings, corporate and private gatherings, milestone celebrations, etc.
- Serve on and manage the Development and Gala Committees of the Board of Directors; collaborate with the CEO on Board stewardship.
- Collaborate with the executive leadership team, especially the Fiscal and CEO offices, providing accurate fundraising updates and forecasts, and offering sound thought leadership on key, organizational priorities.
- Maintain a strong partnership with the Board of Directors and provide solid leadership and management to ensure that the mission is the catalyst for all strategic decisions.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Management team on cross-departmental and over-all organizational issues, including long-term strategic development.
- Retain, recruit, manage and cultivate a team of development and communications professionals with an appropriate balance of skills and experiences; establish work plans, performance objectives, and goals.
- Oversee the Communications Manager to create a more robust communications strategy.
- Deep commitment to the mission of the organization
- Bachelor's degree required
- 10+ years of fundraising experience in the nonprofit sector with proven results
- Exceptional managerial experience, with an inclusive leadership style, skills in group processes and talent for working with diverse staff using a strengths-based approach
- Fluency in communications and or external affairs
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, especially grant writing
- Strategic thinking
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Extremely responsive to email and other correspondence
- Manage time effectively
- Excellent work ethic
- Maintain an environment respectful of different political viewpoints and other diversities
Womankind offers a competitive and outstanding compensation package. Annual salary range for this position is between $120,000 and $130,000, based on the candidate’s experience, skill set, education, and other criteria. Top benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, generous paid time off, 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com. Please include your name and “Chief Development Officer” in the subject line. No calls, please.
Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.