Reports to: Manager, Helpline
Womankind uses the multidimensionality of our Asian heritage to work alongside survivors of gender-based violence as they build a path to healing. We are working tirelessly to create a future where we Rise Above Violence and our communities can innovate towards collective well-being, restoration, and social justice.
Womankind’s Helpline is a crucial part of our operations. It is generally the first contact new clients have with the agency, and it is a lifeline for current clients as well. Because we are multi-lingual in 18+ Asian languages and Spanish, managing the Helpline is a highly complex task that requires both strong administrative skills as well as some clinical insight. Many helpline calls are administrative in nature, many are calls from women who are in crisis or who are looking for advice about their domestic violence situations.
The Helpline Specialist is a full-time position (40 hours), Monday to Friday. The Specialist will work under the direction of the Helpline Manager to support the efficient running of helpline services across the agency.
- Respond to call, text and chat coming through the Helpline to provide assessments, crisis counseling and intervention to all survivors via call, text and chat
- Conduct residential screenings and ensure smooth and efficient screenings and moves into the residential house
- Provide supervision to Helpline advocates and volunteers as they respond to call, text and chat queries. This includes supporting with crisis response when necessary.
- Support in the development of Helpline training for staff, volunteers, and interns on text /chat functionality including Helpline protocols and procedures, the basics of domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual violence, and other work as assigned by the Helpline Manager
- Provide direct supervision to Helpline volunteers and keep track on their timesheet. Coordinate with volunteer coordinator about recruitment process and timekeeping.
- Generate data and analysis on text /chat function and provide insights and recommendations for program enhancement
- Generate reports on Helpline chat and text services
- Monitor client’s satisfaction levels and participate in developing improvement plans
- Apply aid to troubleshooting and engage in quality assurance for the text and chat function accordingly
- Perform hands on fixes on software update, implementation and testing for text and chat platform
- Perform administrative responsibilities to support helpline program
- Represent Womankind in outreach/community education events, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Helpline Manager, Associate Director, or Chief Program Officer
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Bilingual a must, preferably ability to speak an Asian language (Mandarin)
- At least 2 years of experience in providing crisis and other types of counseling and advocacy
- Must have supervisory experience for at least 2 years
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Experience in handling complex administrative tasks, such as project/ event coordination
- Deep commitment to Womankind’s mission
- Social work or human services experience preferred
- Superior oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent crisis management skills required
- Ability to travel to various Womankind sites
- Good active listening skill required
- Be reliable and committed to the shift time; be compassionate and empathetic; team player
- Have basic knowledge of domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual violence
- Comfortable dealing with technology (software, computer, phone, apps, etc.) and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, along with a typing speed of 50-60 WPM
Womankind offers a competitive and outstanding compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with experience, skill set, education, and other criteria. Annual salary range for this position is between $50,000.00 and $53,000.00. Top benefits include health/dental/vision/FSA plans, generous paid time off, holidays, 403(B) retirement plan, commuter transit program, and much more.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include your name and "Helpline Specialist" in the subject line. No phone calls, please.
Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.