VISTA Communications and Engagement Associate, Development
Womankind uses the multidimensionality of our Asian heritage to work alongside survivors of gender-based violence as they build a path to healing. We are working tirelessly to create a future where we Rise Above Violence and our communities can innovate towards collective well-being, restoration, and social justice. In addition to promoting healing and safety through service provision, Womankind promotes gender justice through research, coalition building, policy analysis, and community education and mobilization.
Through our multilingual and culturally responsive services, Womankind has become an expert in serving Asian women and their children. However, our services are equally valuable for the many non-Asians, the men and boys, and members of the LGBTQ community that we serve. Womankind helps those impacted by violence in all stages of life move forward from isolation to connectedness and surviving to thriving.
The VISTA Communications and Engagement Associate will work to increase the capacity of the Development and Communications department to reach and engage with new, varied audiences with increased frequency and depth. With assistance from the Communications Manager, they will make an assessment of Womankind’s current communications plans, produce communications materials, and plans to support assessment findings. Additionally, this role will assess agency communications needs at Womankind’s three community offices and two confidential residences, and increase Womankind’s working knowledge of communications audiences.
- Identify gaps/resource needs by reviewing current and previous years communications outputs such as potential communications tools yet undeveloped, partner activities that Womankind could join and leverage, etc. and contrasting against
- Identify unleveraged opportunities
- Document and share findings with Development and Communications staff
- Create and produce plan to execute on said findings which could also be used as a guide/tool for agency communications staff
- Support in creation of new materials and update existing templates
- Support Communications Manager in projects with resource needs, including social media
- Support in adaption of communications templates for staff at Womankind’s sites
- Create/adapt (as needed) shared calendars or other tools for coordinating comms needs/plans between the sites and development team
- Run reports on online engagement metrics
- Perform research on new/alternative means of engaging with different audiences (general public, potential clients, supporters, potential donors, etc.), sharing findings with Development team and create plan guide for engaging with new potential audiences
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing to a wide range of people
- Effective planning, time management, and organization skills
- Proven ability to maintain good working relationships with a variety of people and groups
- Highly resourceful, self-directed, and flexible with excellent team coordination abilities
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines and adapt to changing deadlines
- Knowledge about dynamics of domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking in immigrant communities preferred
- Deep commitment to Womankind’s mission
- Must have basic graphic design skills using Canva Pro; Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, a plus
Living Allowance, Relocation Allowance, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health Coverage, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Training.
How to Apply:
The full project description/listing and application is found at https://www.americorps.gov/join. ONLY applications via the AmeriCorps portal are accepted.