VISTA Capacity Building Associate, Client Services
Womankind uses the multidimensionality of our Asian heritage to work alongside survivors of gender-based violence as they build a path to healing. We are working tirelessly to create a future where we Rise Above Violence and our communities can innovate towards collective well-being, restoration, and social justice. In addition to promoting healing and safety through service provision, Womankind promotes gender justice through research, coalition building, policy analysis, and community education and mobilization.
Through our multilingual and culturally responsive services, Womankind has become an expert in serving Asian women and their children. However, our services are equally valuable for the many non-Asians, the men and boys, and members of the LGBTQ community that we serve. Womankind helps those impacted by violence in all stages of life move forward from isolation to connectedness and surviving to thriving.
The VISTA Capacity Building Associate will work specifically in the Client Services department to ensure that the culture of ongoing learning and capacity building is up kept and honored. The Associate will work on project-based tasks to expand knowledge on priority areas determined by Client Services management team.
- Coordinate training opportunities for Client Services department by sourcing external partnerships and trainers that can be brought to support skill enhancement
- Work to bring in external trainers for subject areas that are of interest or need within the Client Services department. The Associate will be given a budget to work with to support in the brining in of training resources and personnel, as needed.
- Coordinate and implement core trainings 2.0 (name tentative) to be launched Spring 2024
- Create an assessment and request structure for collecting internal training needs
- Develop project-based trainings 2 – 3 times a year depending on need by collaborating with internal staff and external organizations
- Run analytics of feedback surveys for all trainings conducted internally and use data to support future enhancement to current trainings. Develop a training calendar for the types of trainings that would be conducted in the year ahead.
- Build relationships with external training professionals and organizations for future trainings to be held within the organization
- Establish a recordkeeping methodology to support in the recording of work done and processes used
- Collaborate with management team to explore and solidify topics to be built out in Womankind’s the Core Training 2.0
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent ability to communicate orally and in writing to a wide range of people
- Effective planning, time management, and organization skills
- Proven ability to maintain good working relationships with a variety of people and groups
- Highly resourceful, self-directed, and flexible with excellent team coordination abilities
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines and adapt to changing deadlines
- Knowledge about dynamics of domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking in immigrant communities preferred
- Deep commitment to Womankind’s mission
Living Allowance, Relocation Allowance, Education award upon successful completion of service, Health Coverage, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Training.
How to Apply:
The full project description/listing and application is found at https://www.americorps.gov/join. ONLY applications via the AmeriCorps portal are accepted.