Human Resources Coordinator
Reports to: CEO
Womankind uses the multidimensionality of our Asian heritage to work alongside survivors of gender-based violence as they build a path to healing. We are working tirelessly to create a future where we Rise Above Violence and our communities can innovate towards collective well-being, restoration, and social justice. In addition to promoting healing and safety through service provision, Womankind promotes gender justice through research, coalition building, policy analysis, and community education and mobilization.
The Human Resources Coordinator is responsible for overseeing the daily workflow and completing a variety of day-to-day human resource functions to support the overall functioning of the Human Resource Department to ensure that each Womankind employee is set up to succeed. In collaboration with leadership at Womankind, the Human Resources Coordinator will develop and implement priorities and strategies that align with Womankind’s mission and vision.
- Coordinate full cycle of the recruitment process, which includes reviewing and posting job descriptions, screening resumes and scheduling interviews.
- Work to find various avenues to engage in active recruitment, such as career fairs, area specific job boards and other ways to engage candidates.
Onboarding & Offboarding
- Manage onboard process for new employees.
- Conduct all necessary fingerprinting and background checks.
- Conduct wxit Interviews and manage offboard process.
- Oversee and administer all day-to-day human resource functions of the Agency, including payroll, benefits, time & attendance, compensations, leave of absence, employee relations, training, performance reviews, adherence to federal, state and city employment laws and regulations.
- Serve as a resource to the agency management and employees on HR matters.
- Develop, recommend, and implement policies and procedures.
- Prepare, maintain, and update Employee Handbook on policies and procedures.
- Prepare and maintain personnel files.
- Handle confidential matters with discretion.
- Work with the leadership team to implement the agency’s overall strategic plan.
- Consult legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal, state, and local laws.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Support employee engagement programs.
- Nurture a positive working environment; foster trust and promote collaboration
Compensation and Benefits
- Administer benefits programs such as health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, commuter program, retirement plans, paid time off, and employee assistance programs
- Establish and maintain department and personnel records and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three years’ relevant experience in human resources management.
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, and local employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of human resources polices and systems.
- Must be able to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with management, employees, and insurance and benefits contractors.
- Excellent judgment and interpersonal skills; attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines.
- Must be culturally humble and have an anti-oppression lens when it comes to decision making, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Experience in trauma and/or social services related field is highly preferred.
Womankind offers a competitive and outstanding compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Annual salary range for this position is between $50,000 and $55,000. Top benefits include health/dental/vision/FSA plans, generous paid time off, holidays, 403(B) retirement plan, commuter transit program, and much more.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and “Human Resources Coordinator” in the subject. No phone calls or recruiter calls, please.
Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.