Advocate, Client Services (Multiple Locations)
Reports to: Community Office Manager
Womankind uses the multidimensionality of our Asian heritage to work alongside survivors of gender-based violence as they build a path to healing. We are working tirelessly to create a future where we Rise Above Violence and our communities can innovate towards collective well-being, restoration, and social justice. In addition to promoting healing and safety through service provision, Womankind promotes gender justice through research, coalition building, policy analysis, and community education and mobilization.
The Advocate plays a crucial role in moving our mission forward. This position works with survivors of gender-based violence 18 years old and up. This Advocate provides supportive counseling, case management and advocacy support to survivors in this age group and their families.
This role’s effectiveness is tied into having a collaborative spirit and prioritizing strong teamwork. This includes working together with their assigned community-based team as well as with other staff across Client Services, to carry out various projects and events that meets and elevates the voices of the survivors we work alongside.
Direct Client Work (50%)
- Provide counseling and case management support for approximately 20-25 adult survivors and their families including those who call Womankind’s 24/7 helpline
- Conduct at minimum 1 check-in session a month with clients on case load. Session frequency can increase to weekly based on the needs of the client.
- Develop service plan and safety plan goals in collaboration with clients on case load, updating and adjusting as needed throughout the life of the case
- Ensure up to date and accurate case notes and documentation for each client
- Collaborate with colleagues to design, coordinate and facilitate events for survivors, their families and other community members
- Engage in at least 1-2 outreach events a quarter
- Provide reporting and logistical planning support around attending outreach events
- Establish partnerships in collaboration with site manager for resources near community site
- Attend team site meetings and actively contribute to the collaboration of work projects happening within the site
- Attend all staff meeting to learn about organizational wide updates
- Attend and facilitate (when assigned) monthly Client Services meetings to support in-service learning of all Client Services staff
Professional Development (10%)
- Attend trainings (internal and external) to build capacity and knowledge on work with client community
- Work in partnership with program team to build collaborative work environment
- Deep commitment to Womankind’s mission
- Asian language (Mandarin, Bengali, Japanese, Urdu) ability preferred
- Survivors of gender-based violence are encouraged to apply
- Associate's, Bachelor's or Master’s in social work, education, or other related fields
- Creative thinker, self-starter personality, highly preferred
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high level results
- Ability to exhibit a personal responsibility and commitment to work, follow-through, and accountability
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit a positive attitude while dealing with challenges
- Cultural sensitivity a must
- Humility and openness in approach to the work
- Comfort and familiarity with computers, e-mail, and word processing
- Tuesday to Friday 11 am - 7 pm; Saturday 9 am - 5 pm
Womankind offers a competitive and outstanding compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with experience, skill set, education, and other criteria. Annual salary range for this position is between $48,000.00 and $50,000.00. Top benefits include health/dental/vision/FSA plans, generous paid time off, holidays, 403(B) retirement plan, commuter transit program, and much more.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and “Advocate, Client Services” in the subject line. No phone calls or recruiter calls, please.
Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.