Director of Finance
Womankind uses the multidimensionality of our Asian heritage to work alongside survivors of gender-based violence (GBV) as they build a path to healing. We are working tirelessly to create a future where we Rise Above Violence and our communities can innovate towards collective well-being, restoration, and social justice. In addition to promoting healing and safety through service provision, Womankind promotes gender justice through research, coalition building, policy analysis, and community education and mobilization.
The Director of Finance reports to the CEO to lead the organization in financial strategy and reporting. This senior role would manage all financial duties including forecasting, budgeting, accounting, stakeholder reporting, grant management, and ensure financial best practices. The Director of Finance will work closely with the programs to provide fiscal knowledge and strong support. The Director of Finance will also be responsible to regularly update the financial state of the organization and strategic planning by working closely with the CEO and the Board of Directors Finance Committee. The ideal candidate will be hands on while having a big picture view.
- Work with the CEO to provide overall leadership for all aspects of the organization’s financial management, planning, reporting and analysis, and setting annual budgets that guide organizational priorities and decision-making
- Manage the team responsible for day to day accounting, financial reporting, grants management, cash-flow analysis and the yearly budgeting process
- Ensure compliance with the standards and reporting requirements of external stakeholders, including auditors, donors, foundations and other relevant entities
- Act as liaison to Federal and State grant contacts for budgeting, monitoring, reporting and reconciling transactions
- Manage budgeting, financial forecasting, and cash flow for administration, existing programs, and proposed new programs/projects
- Negotiate and manage a variety of external vendor relationships for banking, accounting, legal, benefits, insurance and facilities; and, coordinate contract negotiation and renewals
- Build and maintain strong systems for grant management and budget
- Work closely with departmental leaders to understand their goals, providing support with budget management as necessary to realize those goals
- Maintain and review monthly budget to actuals with program leads
- Oversee audit and ensure accurate and timely completion and filing of 990
- Responsible for month end close
- Implement and maintain financial policies and ensure internal controls
- Work closely with the Board Treasurer as well as the finance and audit committee
- Other duties required and assigned by the CEO
- Master’s Degree in non-profit management or related field or equivalent experience required
- Extensive working knowledge not-for-profit accounting software required
- At least 7 years of experience working in a finance function with 2-4 years of senior level management experience preferred
- CPA highly preferred
- Familiarity/experience with government grant accounting a plus
- Direct accounting/controller experience or close supervision of accounting and controller functions
- Strong non-profit finance experience, including overseeing audits
- Experience designing and implementing financial and operational systems and processes to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of a growing organization
- Track record of success managing and delivering results for multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing government grants (including City/State/Federal)
- Superior analytical skills and a comfort level with strategic planning
- Flexibility combined with the ability to multi-task; comfort working in a fast-paced and growing organization, while also driving toward clarity and solutions
- Strong emotional intelligence, with the ability to listen and communicate effectively with a wide variety of internal and external constituents
- Deep belief in Womankind’s mission and determination to grow the organization to be best in class
- Experience with Intacct preferred
- Excellent quantitative, analytic, oral and written communication skills
- Detail and results oriented
Womankind offers a competitive and outstanding compensation package. Annual salary range for this position is between $105,000 and $115,000, based on the candidate’s experience, skill set, education, and other criteria. Top benefits include health/dental/vision insurance, generous paid time off, 403(b) retirement plan, and much more.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name and “Director of Finance” in the subject line. No phone calls or recruiter calls, please.
Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.