Site Manager (Queens) (Full-Time)
Reports to: Associate Director, Community Programs
Womankind uses the multidimensionality of its Asian heritage to work alongside survivors of gender-based violence as they build a path to healing. Womankind’s Community Programs provides comprehensive direct services that support the healing path of survivors and their children due to domestic violence (DV), human trafficking (HT), and sexual violence (SV). Through our programs, we offer access to a temporary safe place to live, counseling, legal assistance, wellness activities, and so much more.
Community Programs is one among three programs within Womankind’s Client Services Department. This Site Manager position will be based out of our Queens Community Office. The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee all services, programming, operational and staffing needs within the Queens site, in collaboration with the Associate Director of Community Programs. This includes oversight of a team of advocates who provide services to survivors and their families across the lifespan, from children & youth to older adults. The Site Manager will support the healthy functioning of all services within the site ensuring the needs of the communities are met, as well as ensuring Womankind remains in compliance with contract/funding requirements.
- Provide supervision of 3-7 advocates and direct service staff that work out of the Queens Community Office
- Engage in site operations work, including but not limited to supply ordering, fire safety considerations and general day-to day site management
- Work in collaboration with Womankind's Operations Manager to ensure a safe and healthy working environment
- Collaborate with other management staff to develop and implement policies that ensures an efficient and seamless flow of services across various sites and programs
- Identify and monitor arising trends within the work and provide updates and any necessary solutions within various leadership meetings
- Collaborate with the Outreach and Community Education Manager to develop and implement outreach strategies for the Queens community
- Engage in micro, mezzo and macro level advocacy initiatives that moves Womankind’s mission forward
- Manage a partial caseload of clients experiencing various forms of gender-based violence.
- Deep commitment to, and thorough understanding of Womankind’s mission
- Deep commitment to a culturally specific, community focused, and anti-oppressive lens to addressing gender-based violence
- Nuanced understanding of race, class, gender, sex, immigration status etc… and their intersections with gender-based violence
- Creative thinker who is comfortable stepping outside the box; self-starter personality with the ability to adapt to fast paced changes highly preferred
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high level results.
- Experience in managing and/or collaborating with teams
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit a positive attitude while dealing with challenges.
- Ability to hold self and others accountable in a trauma-informed way
- Cultural sensitivity and sense of humility is a must
- Masters Degree in social work or related field highly preferred; or Bachelor degree in above fields with 2+ years of direct practice with survivors of gender-based violence; or Associate Degree in above fields with 4+ years of direct practice with survivors of gender-based violence
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Ability to work with diverse populations and within a team structure
- Bi-lingual English and an Asian language strongly preferred
- Comfort and familiarity with computers, e-mail, and word processing
- Must be flexible to work outside of standard business hours if needed, to address any site, staff, or survivor needs.
Annual salary is $56k-58k. Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name and “Site Manager (Queens)” in the subject. For example: “Sue Li, Site Manager (Queens)." No phone calls, please. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time. Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.