Full-Time Advocate (Bengali, Mandarin, Japanese)
Reports to: Manager, Manhattan or Queens Community Office
Womankind uses the multidimensionality of its Asian heritage to work alongside survivors of gender-based violence as they build a path to healing.
Womankind’s Community Programs provides comprehensive direct services that support the healing journey of survivors and their children due to domestic violence (DV), human trafficking (HT), and sexual violence (SV). The Advocate’s primary responsibilities are to engage communities and raise awareness on DV, HT, and SV, provide support via our 24-hour multilingual helpline, ensure all clients receive prompt and professional services, and provide case management and therapeutic support that increases resilience and empowerment.
- Manage a caseload of domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking survivors, including older adults.
- Provide survivors with assessment, case management, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and advocacy support (in-person and/or via phone/email).
- Provide survivors with legal, immigration, entitlement, housing, and education information and referrals.
- Maintain proper documentation of case work and organization of case files.
- Coordinate with co-workers to provide office coverage and answer helpline.
- Represent Womankind in outreach, community education events, and task force meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Experience with anti-violence work, the Asian community, legal system, criminal justice, and client advocacy.
- Associate or Bachelors in social work/human services or related field; Masters a plus.
- Must be fluent in English and Bengali, Mandarin, or Japanese.
- Ability to be self-directing, highly motivated, and work within a team.
- Flexible hours required.
How to Apply:
Annual salary is $40k-$42k. Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name and “Advocate (Language)” in the subject. For example: “Sue Li Advocate (Mandarin Speaking)." No phone calls, please. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time. Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.