Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence across the lifespan, to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. In addition to promoting healing and safety through service provision, Womankind promotes gender justice through research, coalition building, policy analysis, and community education and mobilization.
The Operations/ IT Manager is a solo role within Womankind. This positions requires a person who may multitask between both Operational and IT roles that is crucial to the functionality of Womankind. This role’s effectiveness is tied into high communication skills.
Primary Operations Responsibilities:
- Interact with all sites (community offices & residential houses) to ensure all day to day operations and office needs are met
- Coordinates and maintain various office equipment, including vendor contracts and repair services
- Negotiate the purchases of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with Agency purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions
- Negotiate leases, contracts, and construction for our sites
- Oversee the condition and maintenance of office equipment, including the working status of telephones, copier, mail machine, fax machine, etc.
- Research, evaluate, and make recommendations of organizational tech needs, office supplies, and facility needs and implement upgrades
- Conduct operations onboarding orientation of new staff and offboarding of exiting staff
- Oversee purchasing, inventory, restocking, and organization of office supplies
- Responsible for office space management, including placement of new staff, coordination of office move or start-up, purchasing and installing new furniture and equipment, etc.
- Liaise with building management and community offices’ property owner
- In charge of preparing outgoing mail and distributing incoming mail
- Contribute to policy development and implementation
- Responsible for the facilities’ day to day operations
- Other duties assigned
Primary IT Responsibilities:
- Manage Office 365 accounts (email, licenses, groups, permissions, available apps, etc.)
- Support staff in learning and using Office 365 Apps (e.g. Teams & Outlook)
- Knowledge in Windows user account administration is required. This includes basic security and monitoring
- Knowledge of Windows Remote Desktop is required. This includes troubleshooting and setting up basic Remote Desktop access for staff
- Manage Windows user accounts and permissions through Windows Admin Center. This includes creation and deactivation of accounts
- Basic knowledge in networking is helpful (e.g. setting up routers, Wi-Fi, custom IP addresses, & VPN)
- Basic knowledge of server administration is helpful (e.g. checking server uptime, capacity, & efficiency)
- Assist staff in troubleshooting IT hardware such as desktops, laptops, and tablets
- Respond to IT tickets submitted through SharePoint
- Other duties assigned
- Highly organized, able to manage multiple projects at a time and follow-through on assignments.
- 2-4 years of IT experience
- Strong and effective verbal & writing communication and listening skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction or structure
- Ability to effectively complete multiple tasks, priorities, responsibilities and meet deadlines.
- Able to work with diverse populations and within a team structure.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with vendors
- Proficient computer and IT skills
- Prior experience with VoIP phone communications system strongly preferred
- Proficiency with Windows and Microsoft Office applications (Office 365) including Outlook
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds
- Ability to be self-directing and highly motivated.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name and "Operations/IT Manager" in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time. Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.