Full-Time Advocate (Bengali, Korean, Mandarin, or Japanese Speaking)
Reports to: Manager, Queens Community Office
Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. We bring critical resources and deep cultural competency to help Asian communities find refuge, recovery and renewal.
Womankind’s Community Programs provides comprehensive direct services that support the recovery of survivors and their children from domestic violence (DV), human trafficking (HT), and sexual violence (SV). The Advocate’s primary responsibilities are to engage communities and raise awareness on DV, HT, and SV, provide support via our 24-hour multilingual helpline, ensure all clients receive prompt and professional services, and provide therapeutic support that encourages self- sufficiency and empowerment.
- Manage a caseload consisted of survivors of domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual violence, including older adults
- Provide survivors with assessment, case management, supportive counseling, crisis intervention, and advocacy support (in-person and/or via phone/email)
- Provide survivors with legal, immigration, entitlement, housing, and education information and referrals
- Maintain proper documentation of case work and organization of case files
- Coordinate with co-workers to provide office coverage and answer the helpline
- Represent Womankind in outreach, community education events, and task force meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the CEO
- Experience with anti-violence work, the Asian community, legal system, criminal justice, and client advocacy
- Bachelor's in Social Work or related field; Master's a plus
- Must be fluent in English and Bengali, Korean, Mandarin or Japanese
- Ability to be self-directing, highly motivated, and work within a team
- Flexible hours required
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your name and the position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls, please. Unfortunately, we are unable to sponsor visas at this time. Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.