Associate Director, Special Programs Client Services
Reports to: CPO/CD
Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence across the lifespan, to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. In addition to promoting healing and safety through service provision, Womankind promotes gender justice through research, coalition building, policy analysis, and community education and mobilization.
The Associate Director of Client Services is one of three positions within Womankind, seeking to build programming that is both trauma-informed and survivor-centered. This specific position will oversee the following specialized programming within the Client Services department:
- Outreach and Community Education
- Pathways to Empowerment
- Project Free (Anti-Human Trafficking Program)
- Wellness programming: Pathways to Healing
- Any special projects in pilot phase within Client Services
This role’s effectiveness is tied into the collaboration with the other 2 Associate Directors within the organization (1 overseeing Community Programs the other overseeing Residential and Helpline programming). As a part of the Client Services leadership team this position will support in ensuring that programming is mission-aligned and compliance with funding requirements. This AD position will specifically provide support to 3 program leads: 2 managers and 1 coordinator ensuring that programming is both trauma-informed and supportive of the arising needs of our communities.
- Work with fellow Assistant directors and CPO/CD to ensure provision of prompt and professional services to all clients of the agency
- Oversight of programs/initiatives via weekly supervision to 3 program managers/coordinators
- Analyze trends and insights of respective programs and provide recommendations for improvements in collaboration with program managers/coordinators
- Continual assessment of staff training needs
- Monitor and convey program issues, needs, and trends to the CPO/CD
- Address clinical issues that arise with the service provision to clients and assist with clinical supervision for counseling staff when necessary
- Work in collaboration to address aspects around vicarious trauma and self-care within all client services staff
- Cultivate funder and donor relationships, by attending meetings and events
- Engage in monitoring and establish evaluation metrics to account for impact of programming
- Ensure compliance with funding contracts including but not limited to reports, audits, site visits, etc.
- Be a spokesperson for Womankind and client services in coalitions, taskforce, and events
- Work in collaboration with the senior leadership team to ensure effective implementation of organizational goals and objectives
- Work with different organizational departments to ensure provision of prompt and professional services to all survivors of the agency
- Support the senior team in overseeing the ongoing work efforts of all Womankind programs and personnel including administrative, funding, regulatory and legal obligations related to the agency
- Deep commitment to Womankind’s mission.
- Creative thinker; self-starter personality, highly preferred.
- Strategic and tactical experience designing, building and executing scalable trauma-informed processes from scratch.
- At least 4 years’ experience with project management and supervision in the field of gender-based violence, crisis response, and immigrant population.
- Exceptional managerial experience, with an inclusive leadership style, skills in group process and talent for working with diverse staff using a strengths-based approach.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to work effectively with people at all levels.
- Outstanding ability to manage multiple priorities while delivering high level results.
- Ability to exhibit a personal responsibility and commitment to work; follow-through and accountability.
- Creative problem-solver with excitement to work on cross-functional teams and projects.
- Ability to problem solve and exhibit a positive attitude while dealing with challenges.
- Cultural sensitivity a must.
- Comfort and familiarity with computers, e-mail, and word processing.
- Asian language ability preferred.