Special Events Planner/Coordinator (Part Time)
Reports to: Director, Development
Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. Since 1982, we have been bringing critical resources and deep cultural competency to help survivors of all ages find refuge, recovery, and renewal from domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual violence. Through our programs, we offer access to a safe place to live, counseling, legal assistance, wellness activities, and so much more. Womankind is an expert in serving Asian communities, yet our services are valuable and available to all. Whether in our services or in our increasing advocacy and policy work, Womankind first centers the survivor by uplifting them to control their own lives and narratives.
Womankind is seeking an experienced Special Events Planner/Coordinator (part time) to join our Development Team, currently comprised of a Director of Development, Development Manager, Development Associate, and a part-time Communications Associate. This role will be responsible for the coordination, planning, and implementation of the agency’s cultivation and fundraising events. S/he will work closely with event committees and the Development team to execute a successful calendar of events, with a major focus on the annual gala.
Event Organizing, Planning, and Implementation
- Serve as the Specials Events Planner/Coordinator for Womankind’s annual gala as well as smaller fundraising events.
- Organize and participate in committee meetings, strategy sessions and specific tasks related to successful event planning and implementation (e.g. goals, theme, structure, logistics, evaluation).
- Develop detailed timelines and plan of actions for pre-event, event-day and post-event tasks with deadlines, team/committee assignments, and a plan for follow up.
- Logistically prepare for each event, including but not limited to event staging, promotion, guest/donor communications (e.g., RSVP management), entertainment, speakers, venue, and refreshment.
- Manage and oversee events on the day of, including directing event set up, managing event volunteers, communicating with staff, organizing vendors and managing take-down.
- Organize, coordinate and/or operate front of house operations on the day of events, including but not limited to registration, final seating and table charts, event flow, and set up and management of silent and live auctions.
- Ensure the evaluation of event activities and identify opportunities to improve results.
- Work with the Communications Associate and pro-bono Creative Director to create sponsorship proposals and marketing materials.
- Track prospect, participant and event information in the database.
- Manage relationships with event vendors and work with them on production and logistical needs.
- Provide troubleshooting.
- Develop financial goals for each event and a corresponding plan to meet these goals.
- Manage expenditures in a manner that maximizes both event quality and fundraising return on investment.
- Work with Development Associate to issue invoices and collect payments in a timely fashion, focusing on donor/sponsor stewardship.
- Create event financial reports.
Event Volunteer Management
- Recruit, coordinate, support and motivate community and/or staff volunteers.
- Develop and refine job descriptions for all volunteers, provide appropriate training and ensure meaningful acknowledgement.
- Bachelor’s degree or non-profit management preferred.
- Three plus years’ experience in corporate development, event planning or fundraising required.
- Strong computer and social media skills.
- Knowledge of non-profit entities and possible tax advantages for donors and contributions.
- Experience managing volunteers preferred.
- Superior flexibility and adaptability, demonstrated success working in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be available to work on occasional evenings and weekends to support the events.
- Self-starter, able to initiate and complete tasks, and to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Proven administrative abilities.
- Attention to detail with strong customer service and follow through skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a part-time position at an average of 20 hours a workweek. Salary will be commensurate with experience at an approximately of $25,000 a year.
How to apply:
Please email resume and cover letter along with your salary expectations and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include your name and “Special Events Planner/Coordinator” in the subject. Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer