Human Resources Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to recovery. The goal of the Community Programs is to provide comprehensive direct services that support the recovery of survivors and their children from domestic violence, sexual violence, and human trafficking across the lifespan in the communities they live.
Founded in 1982, Womankind is the first organization on the East Coast to address the issues of domestic violence in the Asian communities. Through our multilingual and culturally responsive services, Womankind has become an expert in serving Asian women and their children. However, our services are equally valuable for the many non-Asians, the men and boys, and members of the LGBTQ community that we serve. Womankind helps those impacted by violence in all stages of life move forward from isolation to connectedness and surviving to thriving.
Womankind is seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our Senior Leadership Team. The position will drive the HR needs while providing feedback and strategical thinking to the Executive Director and Directors. The position supervises our Volunteer Engagement Manager and our Operations Manager.
- Oversees and administers all day-to-day human resource functions of the Agency, including benefits, compensations, leave of absence, employee relations, training, performance reviews, adherence to federal, state and city employment laws and regulations.
- Serves as a resource to the agency management and employees on HR matters
- Develops, recommends, and implements policies and procedures
- Prepares and maintains/updates handbook on policies and procedures
- Conducts recruitment effort for all open positions
- Conducts new employee orientations, employee relations counseling, and exit interviewing.
- Works with Executive Director to implement the Agency’s overall strategic plan
- Ensures the prompt and thorough processing of all necessary fingerprinting and background checks.
- Consults legal counsel to ensure that policies comply with federal and state laws.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Administers benefits programs such as health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, commuter program, retirement plans, paid time off, and employee assistance program.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation.
- Establishes and maintains department and personnel records and reports.
- Participates in Director’s meetings.
- Manages Operations and Volunteer functions, providing feedback and support to staff members in those roles.
- Supports employee engagement programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus three years’ relevant experience in human resources management.
- Knowledge of laws governing employment matters.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to maintain effective relationships with management, employees, and insurance and benefits contractors.
- Excellent judgment and interpersonal skills; attention to detail; ability to meet deadlines
- Is culturally sensitive and has an anti-oppression lens when it comes to decision making, diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Experience in trauma and/or social services related field is highly preferred
Womankind offers a competitive and outstanding compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Annual salary range for this position is between $60,000 and $65,000. Top benefits include health/dental/vision/FSA plans, generous paid time off, holidays, 403(B) retirement plan, commuter transit program, and much more.
How to apply:
Please email resume and cover letter along with your salary expectations to email@example.com.
Please include your name and “Human Resources Manager” in the subject.
Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer