Full-Time Helpline Specialist–Supervisory (Chat/Text)
Reports to: Manager, Helpline
Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. We bring critical resources and deep cultural competency to help Asian communities find refuge, recovery, and renewal.
Womankind’s Helpline is a crucial part of our operations. It is generally the first contact new clients have with the agency, and it is a lifeline for current clients as well. Because we are multi-lingual in 18+ Asian languages and Spanish, managing the Helpline is a highly complex task that requires both strong administrative skills as well as some clinical insight. Many helpline calls are administrative in nature, many are calls from women who are in crisis or who are looking for advice about their domestic violence situations.
The Helpline Specialist is a full-time position (40 hours) with evening shifts (Tuesdays-Fridays 2PM-10 PM) and a weekend shift (Saturdays 11 AM- 7PM). The Specialist will work under the direction of the Helpline Manager to support the efficient running of Helpline services across the agency.
Training will take place during daytime business hours between 10 AM and 6 PM.
Due to the crisis nature of the program, this position requires late hour availability. Applicant must have the flexibility to work late hours and weekends.
- Provide supervision to Helpline advocates (and volunteers) as they respond to text and chat queries. This includes supporting with crisis response when necessary
- Support in the development of Helpline training for staff, volunteers, and interns on text /chat functionality including Helpline protocols and procedures, the basics of domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual violence, and other work as assigned by the Helpline Manager
- Recruit and retain volunteer poll for Helpline chat/text function
- Respond to text, chat coming through the Helpline
- Generate data and analysis on text /chat function and provide insights and recommendations for program enhancement
- Monitor client’s satisfaction levels and participate in developing improvement plans
- Provide assessments, empowerment counseling services, and crisis intervention to all survivors via text/chat
- Perform administrative responsibilities to support quality assurance within the larger helpline program including but not limited to text/chat reports
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers to support survivors utilizing the text and chat feature
- Respond to calls coming through the Helpline, including crisis, service, and administrative calls
- Conduct residential screenings and ensure smooth and efficient screenings and moves into the residential house
- Represent Womankind in outreach/community education events, as needed
- Other duties as assigned by the Helpline Manager, Residential Programs Director, or Executive Director
- Bachelor’s in social work, sociology, psychology or relevant subject required
- Ability to speak Mandarin, Cantonese, Bengali, Hindi, or Urdu required
- At least 2 years of experience in providing crisis and other types of counseling and advocacy with supervisory experience
- Social work or human services experience preferred
- Superior oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent crisis management skills required
- Ability to travel to various Womankind sites
- Be reliable and committed to the shift time; have compassion towards survivors
- Have basic knowledge of domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual violence
- Comfortable dealing with technology (software, computer, phone, apps, etc.) and have basic knowledge of MS Word, Excel, along with a typing speed of 50-60 WPM
Womankind offers a competitive and outstanding compensation package. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
Please email resume and cover letter along with your salary expectations to email@example.com. Please include your name and “Full-Time Helpline Specialist–Supervisory (Chat/Text)” in the subject.
Womankind is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.