Residential Maintenance Worker (PT) (30 hours)
Reports to: Associate Director, Residential
Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. We bring critical resources and deep cultural competency to help communities find refuge, recovery, and renewal. We serve survivors of domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual violence of all ages. We provide innovative healing services and award-winning assistance to individuals and families. Depending on circumstance, they have access to a safe place to live, assistance with housing, employment, English language training, legal immigration assistance, financial empowerment, and so much more.
This position will be an integral part of maintaining the clean and healthy environment for all the families residing in Womankind’s residential house. The major responsibilities of the Residential Maintenance Work would include:
- Maintenance and minor repair of facility infrastructure and appliances and reporting of major repairs required
- Installation and removal of appliances
- Ability to perform routine maintenance tasks e.g. changing light bulbs, replacing fire alarm batteries, etc.
- Facility preparation for season/ weather changes (possibly including installing A/C units, shoveling snow, mowing the lawn, etc.)
- Light plumbing work
- Assist House Managers and office staff in arranged donation pickups to shelters and office
- Assist in transportation of supplies to and from shelters
- Assist in supplies purchasing
- Responsible for shelter cleaning. Ability to keep premises clean and functional
- Sorting and removing trash and recycling from building twice weekly
- Assist the House Manager with any other specific projects on an as-needed basis.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director or executive Director
- Flexible schedule of roughly 30hrs a week (non-exempt)
- Good organizational skills
- Standard maintenance (domestic & commercial appliances) skills; ability to perform minor electrical and plumbing repairs.
- Ability to do lifting and loading of up to 50 lbs required
- Basic computer literacy (checking emails)
- High school diploma preferred
- Ability to drive and possession of a vehicle that could be used to transport goods would be a huge plus.
How to apply:
This is a 30-hour per week part-time position. This position offers competitive pay and full benefits (medical, dental, and vision). To apply, email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
. Please include your name and “Maintenance Worker” in the subject. Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.