Helpline Specialist (Cantonese and Mandarin Speaking) - (PART-TIME)
Reports to: Manager, Helpline
Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. We bring critical resources and deep cultural competency to help Asian communities find refuge, recovery, and renewal.
Womankind’s Helpline is a crucial part of our operations. It is generally the first contact new clients have with the agency, and it is a lifeline for current clients as well. Because we are multi-lingual in more than a dozen languages, managing the Helpline is a highly complex task that requires both strong administrative skills as well as some clinical insight. Many helpline calls are administrative in nature, many are calls from women who are in crisis or who are looking for advice about their domestic violence situations.
The Helpline Specialist is a part-time position (20 hours) under the direction of the Helpline Manager to support the efficient running of helpline services across the agency.
- Respond to text, calls coming through the Helpline, including crisis, service, and administrative calls;
- Support Helpline advocates in crisis resolution;
- Support in the development of Helpline trainings for staff, volunteers, and interns including: Helpline protocols and procedures, as well as the basics of domestic violence work;
- Conduct residential screenings and ensure smooth and efficient screenings and moves into the residential house;
- Provide assessments, empowerment counseling services, and crisis intervention to all survivors via text/chat or calls
- Provide oversight management to ensure responder’s calls, proper documentation of call details (monthly reporting)
- Perform Administrative responsibilities to support quality assurance within program including but not limited to text/chat and Call reports
- Coordinate with staff and volunteers to support callers calling into helpline;
- Represent Womankind in outreach/community education events;
- Other duties as assigned by Helpline manager, Director or Executive Director;
- Due to the crisis nature of the program, flexible schedule is required
- HS diploma required, Bachelor preferred.
- Ability to speak an Asian language. Mandarin/Cantonese required.
- At least 2 years’ experience in providing crisis and other types of counseling and advocacy.
- Experience in handling complex administrative tasks, such as project/ event coordination.
- Social work or human services experience preferred, or a willingness to be trained.
- Deep commitment to Womankind’s mission.
- Superior oral and written communication skills required.
- Excellent crisis management skills required.
- Ability to travel to various agency location as needed.
- Good active listening skill required.
- Some basic knowledge of Domestic Violence, Human Trafficking and sexual violence in required.
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
. Please include your name and “Helpline Specialist” in the subject line. Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are unable to sponsor visas as this time.