On-Call Resident Supporter
Reports to: Manager or Associate Director, Residential Programs
Womankind works with survivors of gender-based violence to rise above trauma and build a path to healing. We bring critical resources and deep cultural competency to help Asian communities find refuge, recovery, and renewal. We serve survivors of domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual violence of all ages. We provide innovative healing services and award-winning assistance to individuals and families. Depending on circumstance, they have access to a safe place to live, assistance with housing, employment, English language training, legal immigration assistance, financial empowerment, and so much more.
Our goal is to provide support and guidance to survivors so that they can live their lives free of abuse. We believe this is achieved when they can gain harmony in their lives and a sense of belonging to a community. Through these gains, individuals can recover from trauma and pursue independent lives. For convenience and accessibility to our services, we provide services at 3 community offices located in or near Asian neighborhoods.
Survivors of domestic and sexual violence can find refuge, recovery and renewal at Womankind’s two emergency residences. We provide immediate safety to survivors and their children and work with them toward recovering from trauma. Our staff effectively offer support and assistance in accessing services and resources
The residential programs at Womankind are unique in that:
- We utilize a survivor-centered, trauma-informed, culturally congruent, and evidence-based model of practice. MAP (Moving Ahead Positively), our model of practice, fosters recovery from trauma through assisting the survivor regain trust and hope through the relationship with staff; through participating in a community of survivors; and by voluntarily utilizing Asian wellness practices such as acupuncture, trauma-sensitive yoga, Qi Gong exercises, and meditation.
- We integrate our residential services with our non-residential, community-based programming. For example, children and youth can participate in therapeutic programs. Housing, employment and legal immigration services are available.
- We offer a transitional housing program, which on a time-limited basis, subsidizes rental of permanent dwelling for a number of survivors and their children, to those who meet the requirements.
- While Womankind serves mostly women and children of all ages, we take pride in providing services to survivors of various gender identities.
The On-Call Resident Supporter’s primary responsibilities are to provide coverage at the residence on an as-needed basis, to ensure smooth operations of Womankind facilities, and to answer helpline calls. The On-Call Resident Supporter (RS) may agree to stand in for all or some of the permanent staff positions as desired, covering weekdays, weeknights, weekday afternoons, weekend days, or weekend nights, or a combination of the above.
- Ensure the facility is maintained in a safe and harmonious manner, including helping residents manage crises, solve problems, and resolve conflicts
- Support and strengthen the functioning of women and their children as well as other Womankind staff
- Ensure the well being and advancement of the children in the residence. If working on weekdays, provide direct child care services that are safe and comforting to children, including feeding/changing, supervising, empowering and enriching children; prepare and record meals according to CACFP regulations; coordinate child enrichment programs; and work with the residents' advocates to improve care and functioning of the children.
- If working day shifts at any time, perform in-person assessment of incoming clients. If working night or weekend shifts, answer helpline.
- Liaise and communicate with external individuals
- Perform maintenance tasks as needed (for example, room preparation and light cleaning)
- Ensure that the residence is appropriately staffed according to regulations, meaning the staff member cannot leave until her/his replacement arrives and must be on call for extra shifts in case of emergency
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or high school equivalency
- Bilingual in an Asian language or Spanish a plus, but not required
- 6 months experience in similar field or working with children preferred
- Ability to work independently, highly motivated, possess multitasking skills
- Basic computer skills
- Willingness to be trained
- Knowledge of CPR/First Aid, fire safety a plus
Competitive salary & benefits package. Womankind is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to apply:
Email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please include your name and position you are applying for in the subject line. No phone calls.